One of the most typical features of the market for lawyers is that it is a substantially closed market. For various reasons, lawyers, particularly at the most senior level, are reluctant to change their firm, but when they place themselves on the market they normally seek suggestions from colleagues and their firm’s partners. This means that for successful recruitment in this market one has to establish and foster close relations with all the leading lawyers.
Our department at present has a staff of five, and every year they complete more than 40 recruitment orders. One of our department’s strengths is that it applies western standards which are used for legal recruitment, including division of the market into Law firms and In-house counsel. Prior to joining Cornerstone, Yury Dorfman, manager of our Legal Department, worked for more than five years in executive positions in leading multinational companies, during which time he established lasting contacts with outstanding professionals in this market.
Main directions of search:
Head of legal services
Lawyers in international law firms:
- Head of Legal, Large Industrial Group
- Head of Legal, Major International Bank
- Senior Associate, International Law Firm
- Head of International Law Department, Large Russian Bank
- Leading Lawyer, Corporate Governance Department, Large Industrial Group
- Head of Legal, Large Trading Company
- MA Lawyer, Leading Russian Manufacturing Company
- Lawyer, Consumer Banking , Western Commercial Bank
- Real Estate Lawyer, Russian Developing Company